Aromatic Beef Curry Recipe
- 125ml/4floz vegetable oil
- 400g/14oz Longhorn beef braising steak, diced into 3cm chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ x 400g/14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 125g/4½oz natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- pinch sugar
- Fresh Chilli, sliced for serving
- Heat a lidded frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Fry the meat until lightly browned, then using a slotted spoon, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry over a low heat until softened. Turn the heat up a little, add the spices and fry for 1 minute, they should start to smell aromatic but take care not to burn them.
- Add the beef to the pan with the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the yoghurt and vinegar, then season to taste with the salt and the sugar.
- Return the pan to the heat, bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for 1½ hours, or until the meat is tender. Alternatively cook covered for 2 hours at 190C
- Serve with fresh chilli to add extra heat as desired!